With every new version of Liferay, it is becoming more robust and easy to use. As I am the member of Liferay 6.2 Comunnity Verifier Group, So I am quite excited to explore its features.
In the Liferay 6.2 CE Version you will see all the things are very much organized or Categorize form then the previous version.
- Look & Feel :- When I downloaded the latest tomcat bundle of liferay 6.2 CE, the first thing I noticed is there is a change in the Default Liferay theme. Liferay is now upgraded to Alloy 2.0.
|Liferay 6.1 Theme|
|Liferay 6.2 Theme|
- Dockbar :- The Second thing that come into focus is the Dockbar. In Liferay 6.2 they have made it more Categorize form. They have Categorize Admin(Control Panel) and MySites which all comes together in GOTO Section in liferay 6.1 version.
|Liferay 6.1 Dockbar|
|Liferay 6.2 Dockbar|
- Control Panel :- There was a Major Change in the Control Panel Section. It was divided into Four Sections
- Users - It contains User, UserGroup, Password Policies, Roles, Organization etc in this section.
- Sites - It contains Sites,Sites Template,Page Template,Blogs,Wiki, Document and Media etc in this section.
- Apps - It contains Market Place,Plugins Configuration, Plugins Installation etc in this section.
- Configuration - It contains Portal Settings,Custom Fields,Server Administration and Portal Instances in this section.
|Liferay 6.1 Control Panel Liferay 6.2 Control Panel|
There are couple of changes and also new portlets are added at site level.
- Recycle Bin :- The name itself speaks a lot. You all knows what the Recycle Bin do in Windows or Trash in Mac. The same feature liferay has implemented here.
In Previous versions of liferay if a user accidentally deletes a document from the Documents and Media portlet, the user has no way to easily restore the document.After this feature is implemented, as an end user, you can easily restore your deleted files by going to the recycle bin to restore files that have been deleted lately. It also provides automatically clean up the Recycle Bin if the file entry is older than one month.
|Liferay 6.2 Recycle Bin Portlet|
- Web Content Management :- You can now organize Web Content in Folders and Sub-Folders in the same way as Document and Media.
|Liferay 6.2 WCM|
- New Template Script Editor with Auto complete :- Good to have this. It was hectic to write scripts in previous versions. It will make life easier.
|Liferay 6.2 Script Editor|
- Application Display Templates :- We can make our own Custom templates for Wiki, Blogs, Asset Publisher etc.